Soccer and/or Writing Coaches
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Up2Us AmeriCorps Coach, please contact our Soccer Director Matthew Williams at email@example.com.
We are not currently accepting applications for Writing or Soccer Coaches at this time.
Up2Us AmeriCorps Coach Position
About the Up2Us Coach Program
Founded in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve their potential by providing them with coaches trained in positive youth development. We do this by identifying, training, and supporting coaches in their communities who bring sports-based youth development to the most underserved communities. The Up2Us Coach and Up2Us Training programs empower youth-based organizations across the country to become a united force for meaningful change. Up2Us Coach is the first national service program to identify and train young adults to coach and mentor kids in low-income communities. Coaches are trained in youth development and mentoring strategies to promote physical activity, healthy living, and good decision making, while cultivating caring, trust-based relationships with the youth they serve.
Member Eligibility & Qualifications
AmeriCorps is open to U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
Members must be 18 years old, or 17 with written parental/guardian consent.
Members must have, or be working toward a High School diploma, GED, or its equivalent.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 900 hours of service June 2021 – May 2022
- Some college/or college degree preferred
- At least three years of experience in at least one sport; soccer experience preferred
- Experience coaching and instructing youth programs
- Access to reliable transportation, as program sites are scattered throughout Cleveland
- Excellent organizational ability and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills among diverse constituents
- Dependable, flexible, sense of humor
Restrictions on Eligibility for Benefits
If a candidate has participated in:
- Two full-time service terms or their equivalent, the candidate will be ineligible for a third Education Award or other in-service and after-service benefits.
Additionally, a candidate cannot serve if:
- Failed to disclose to Up2Us Sports any history of having been released for compelling personal circumstances or for cause from another AmeriCorps program, this will render him/her ineligible to receive the Education Award and may render the Coach ineligible for service with the Program.
- Released for cause from another AmeriCorps program but was released having performed satisfactorily, the candidate may still be eligible for participation in the Program. However, this eligibility does not guarantee selection or placement.
- Served four AmeriCorps National Direct or State service terms previously, regardless of whether those terms were served on a full or part-time basis. The candidate is ineligible to serve after four terms.
Inquiries should be directed to:
Matthew Williams, Soccer Director
America SCORES Cleveland