Now accepting applications for Development Manager
Please read the position description below. To apply please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references (at least 1 must be a supervisor) to Debi Pence-Meyenberg (email@example.com), Executive Director of America SCORES Cleveland, by July 7, 2019, with the subject “Development Manager Application.”
America SCORES Cleveland
Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Benefits include a generous PTO (Paid Time Off) policy, medical and dental coverage, a 403(b) plan, and travel reimbursement.
The Development Manager will work in collaboration with the America SCORES Cleveland staff and Board of Directors to lead or assist in various aspects of our fundraising strategy, including managing and cultivating donors, planning and implementing fundraising events, conducting an annual appeal and writing grants. Through all activities, the Development Manager is a story-teller and relationship manager, educating the Cleveland community about our mission, program and impact that we have on our students. This position reports to the America SCORES Cleveland Executive Director. Our organization serves over 1,000 students in Cleveland with a current annual budget of $550K.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the America SCORES Cleveland team and overall operations: actively participate in annual goal-setting, initiatives, events, and day-to-day functioning with a team-centered approach; be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback; be open to fulfilling necessary jobs or roles as needed.
Corporate, Foundation and Individual Donor Fundraising
- Serve as lead on grant writing and reporting
- Assist Executive Director and Board with corporate and foundation fundraising, which includes researching potential partners, developing presentations and packets, and participating in meetings and site visits
- Engage/recognize sponsors throughout the year through newsletters, reports, poems, pictures, thank you letters, program site visits, etc.
- Organize and implement annual appeal / Giving Tuesday for new and existing donors
- Strive to increase the number of individual donors and their level of giving
- Track all donations in online management system
- Develop & maintain annual Fundraising Calendar
- Coordinate planning and implementation of annual fundraising events, including creation of timelines, goals, budget, and action plan – key events are corporate soccer tournament and an annual gala
- Work with staff, committees, and volunteers to ensure event plan execution
- Create and administer event ticketing and registration processes
- Assist Executive Director in meeting revenue goals for each fundraising event
Oversee Associate Board
- Associate Board – Serve as lead support person for the Associate Board
- Create goals and action steps for the Associate Board
Support Fundraising Committee
- Fundraising Committee – Serve as lead staff person to the Chair of the Fundraising Committee
- Maintain committee notes and action items and work with committee chair to complete tasks and communicate to the entire committee, staff, and board any items needed for committee-related work
- Passionate about America SCORES’ mission, urban & public school education, youth development, creative writing and soccer
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Proactive and able to work independently, reporting updates in a timely manner to the Executive Director
- Excellent organizational abilities and capacity to manage multiple projects and work under pressure
- The ability to build relationships among a diverse group of constituents including program participants, board members and donors
- Excellent written communication skills – both formal (i.e. grants) and informal (i.e. emails)
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Proactively identifies and creatively solves problems
- Undergraduate degree
- At least two (2) years proven experience in either a public, private or non-profit organization.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Candidates should own a car, as program sites are scattered throughout the city.
- Candidate must pass a background check.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and have a good sense of humor
- Prior experience working in Development, Grant Writing, and/or Event Planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Creative Writing, English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Background in sports; soccer experience preferred
- Proficiency in digital communications (social media, emails, etc.)
- Some experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
About the Organization:
America SCORES Cleveland is a nonprofit youth development organization focused on providing high quality after-school and summer programming that combines soccer, creative writing, poetry, and service-learning to students across Cleveland. Our mission is to inspire urban youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world. By partnering with public schools in communities that do not have widespread access to organized team sports or other enrichment activities, we are able to provide vital services that address both rising levels of childhood obesity and low literacy levels. America SCORES Cleveland is a proud affiliate of the national America SCORES network, with 12 affiliate partners in cities across the United States and Canada.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references (at least 1 must be a supervisor) to Debi Pence-Meyenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Director of America SCORES Cleveland, by July 7, 2019, with the subject “Development Manager Application”. No phone calls please. America SCORES Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.